Can you stand waiting in lines at theme parks or simply waiting for a browser to load? When things take longer than expected, people tend to get frustrated and move on to something else. Same thing when waiting for a website to load, if a site takes too long, people jump ship–and traffic drops.
Loading time is a major contribution factor to page abandonment. Learn how loading time affects your bottom line with an infographic provided by Kiss Metrics.
Faster load times will:
- Improve your search engine rankings
- Help gain more traffic to your site
- Improve the overall user experience
What BoardMa did to increase load times:
Dynamic and static compression to files—shrinks down the data that comes to the end user. Compress page content and images as it passes it to the end user, which in turn downloads the page quicker.
- Enabled Browser Caching: Local browser will cache the images for an extended period of time.
- Taking out the unnecessary out of the files—to improve speed and increase performance.
- Optimized Graphics to decrease in size and increase speed performance and site performance.
Categories: New Features